I am very much new into baking. But i keep trying something or the other with a hope that one day i will learn baking properly. My cakes till now have been disastrous. One fine weekend, i decided to make Orange pound cake. Now why only orange? Because i like Orange flavour. And this did not even take an hour, including preparation. Now this cake has become my go to dessert. I can prepare anytime, the only thing mandatory is Orange.
Time to Prepare: 30 mins (15 mins preparation time, 15 mins baking time)
- White flour (1 cup)
- Powdered Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Baking powder (1 tbsp)
- Baking soda (1/2 tbsp)
- Kinnow (1 whole)
- Butter (4 tbsp)
- Curd (1/2 cup) or Condensed Milk
How to Prepare:
- Rub the kinnow on a grater so that the skin comes out. Keep the grated kinnow peel separate.
- Cut the kinnow in two halves and takes out the juice.
- Take a mixing bowl and add white flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda. Mix it well.
- Add butter. Please make sure that the butter is not too hot or too cold.
- Now add curd, grated kinnow peel and mix well. Here, i have used curd, but if you don’t like curd then condensed milk can also be used.
- Add kinnow juice to the mixture and mix it well. Make sure that there are no lumps in it.
- Meanwhile, put your microwave to preheat at 180 deg for 10 mins.
- While the microwave is busy preheating, take a container, grease it or put butter paper (or parchment paper) at the base and transfer the mixture in it. [Note: I used aluminium parcel box because it takes less time to bake plus its pocket friendly. Being a new baker, i dont want to spend more on baking accessories]
- Once the microwave is preheated, put your container with the mixture in it and bake it at 180 deg for 15 mins.
- Once the timer is up, do toothpick test. If nothing comes out in toothpick then take out the cake from the microwave, let it cool. Once it is cool, enjoy your orange pound cake.
- Kinnow and Orange are two different fruits. Kinnow is pronounced as key-in-now or kinu.
- I have used Kinnow as its more juicier than orange.
- While taking out the juice of kinnow, please make sure that you strain the juice properly. Here, we want only juice and no fibre.
- You need not have microwave to make this. It can be made in pressure cooker just like any other cake.
- Butter paper and parchment paper are not the same but they serve the same purpose.
- Time may vary because of the following reasons:
- Voltage supply. If the voltage is fluctuating, it will take more time to bake.
- Container used. Aluminium parcel box usually takes less time.
- Model/Make of your microwave/oven.
Do let me know in comments how did you like the recipe and if you tried.