Throwback Thursday pic straight from Pike Place Market, Seattle. Do read about my one day adventure in Seattle here
Pancake is not an Indian dish. But then who doesn’t love Pancakes? First time i had Pancakes in a cafe in Bangalore in 2016. And i would find the recipe too difficult to try at home. But in this pandemic, when eating outside means inviting the virus, one has to try everything at home and be satisfied with that. Last thursday i was home alone and wanted to pamper myself. So i prepared my favourite Pancake. Generally i prefer oats pancake but this time i tried white flour. Below is the image of the Pancake i made, if you find interesting then scroll down to see the recipe.
Time to prepare: 40 mins
- White flour – 3 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How to prepare:
- Take a bowl, add egg and milk in it and whisk nicely.
- Now add sieved white flour (to avoid any lumps), baking powder and baking soda in it.
- Mix it well and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Take a pan, put some oil in it and pour the batter.
- Pour the batter as per the size you want.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- When one side is done, turn the pancake to the other side and this time do not cover the pan.
- When both sides are done, take it out in a plate.
- Serve it with fruits, maple syrup, honey, caramelized banana.
- I have not added sugar in the pancake. But if you want to add sugar, use powdered sugar.
- Or you can have powdered sugar sprinkled on top of Pancake.
Do let me know in the comment how did you like the recipe and if you tried.
Next Monday i’ll be back with a new recipe. 🙂
Yeh kadamb ka ped agar maa hota yamuna teere,
Main bhi uspe baith kanhaiya banta dheere dheere.
These are the lines from a famous poem written by Subhadra Kumari Chauhan. The image is of flower from a Kadamb tree.
Here’s an attempt to make full page mandala.
Beautiful rose for a lovely weekend. Happy Weekend!!
Got these plants in colourful planters as birthday gift. Happy to have them. 🙂