In this pandemic situation, i am trying to buy only the basic items. Rest i am trying to make everything at home. I am not a cook but then friends and family are always there to help me with the recipe. As we all know that there is a complete lockdown in Bangalore, this means all the shop should be closed after 12 in the noon. The bakery from where i used to buy fresh and hot bread, buns and other items is closed in this lockdown. It’s not even open in the permitted operating hours. So this Saturday i decided to bake bun at home.
Below is the photo of the bun baked by me. If you find it interesting then go ahead and check out the recipe.
Time to Prepare: 2 hours
- White flour (Maida) (1 cup)
- Active Dry Yeast (1 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Milk (3/4 cup)
- Milk powder (1 small sachet – 10 gm)
How to Prepare:
- Take luke warm milk in a bowl, add sugar and yeast in it. Mix it well and keep it aside till the time yeast gets activated.
- In another bowl, sieve maida and milk powder. (This is done so that we don’t get any lumps.)
- Now put maida and milk powder mixture in the bowl containing activated yeast.
- Make dough with the mixture.
- The dough will be very sticky. Add butter in the dough. (No need to melt the butter.)
- After adding butter, the dough will not be sticky.
- Tuck the dough from below so that there is no crack or mark on the top side of the dough.
- Cover the bowl having dough with a plastic. And keep it aside for at least an hour.
- After an hour, you will notice the dough has risen and it is now double the actual size.
- Remove the plastic wrap, and punch the dough.
- Again start kneading the dough till the time all the air doesn’t comes out.
- Make the small buns from the dough and keep it in a greased tray.
- Make sure, there is no crack on the bun.
- Keep a wet muslin cloth over the tray having buns for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the microwave to preheat at 180 deg for 30 mins.
- After 20 mins, remove the muslin cloth and brush milk on the buns. (Milk has to be at room temperature)
- By this time, microwave must have been preheated.
- Put the tray in the microwave and bake it at 180 deg for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, take out the tray and the buns are ready.
- Grease the buns with butter and allow it to cool down.
- Enjoy your bun!
Do let me know in the comments how did you like the recipe and if you tried.
Next Monday i’ll be back with a new recipe. 🙂