Tried Soya chunks curry for the first time. Generally i add boiled potato in the gravy. I never knew how to make Soya chunks without potato. Thanks to some random cooking video, now i know how to make Soya chunks without adding potato in it. If you want to know how i prepared then scroll down to see the recipe.
Time to prepare: 30 – 45 mins
- Soya chunks
- Green chillies
- Garlic cloves
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Salt (as per the taste)
- Vegetable oil
How to prepare:
- Take a pan, put some oil and allow it to heat. Add Soya chunks in the pan and fry. (Do not deep fry. Slim fry it.)
- Take out the Soya chunks and dip it in a bowl full of water (normal room temperature water)
- Chop onions (slightly big pieces will also do)
- Chop tomatoes (slightly big pieces will also do)
- Chop Green chillies
- Cut Ginger in 3-4 pieces
- Clean the Garlic cloves and cut it into two.
- Take a pan and put some oil in it.
- Once the oil becomes hot, add cumin. Let the flavor of cumin come.
- Now add chopped onions, green chillies. Sauté it well.
- Add Ginger and Garlic cloves. Cook this till the onions becomes little soft and translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes in it. Mix it well.
- When the tomatoes and onions becomes mushy, add turmeric, red chilly, coriander and cumin powder. Mix everything well and cover the pan with a lid.
- Add half a cup of water to the pan, mix it well and cover the pan with a lid.
- Keep checking the mixture in the pan at regular intervals. And keep mashing the mixture to make it somewhat smooth (optional)
- Once the mixture gets cooked well, keep it aside to cool down.
- Once the mixture cools down put it in a blender and blend it well. Add some water in the blender before blending.
- Take a pan, put some oil in it and add this mixture.
- Once the gravy starts thickening, you will see bubbles in it, add the Soya chunks to it. [Do not squeeze the soya chunks to take out excess water.]
- Check the salt in the gravy, if required add some.
- Once the gravy becomes little thick, turn off the gas.
- Serve hot with Steamed Rice / Poori / Chapati. I had it with chapati.
Do let me know in the comment how did you like the recipe and if you tried.
Next Monday i’ll be back with a new recipe. 🙂