Right now I am cutting down on Maida (white flour). Making any kind of Manchurian without white flour and Cornflour sounds little strange. Here, I have used soaked rice paste instead of white flour and cornflour.
Looks interesting ?? Scroll down to read how I prepared Babycorn Manchurian.
- Soak rice in water for half an hour and make a paste of it. Do not add more water because we want the paste to be little thick.
- Cut the babycorn into four pieces as big pieces may take time to boil and may not boil properly.
- Boil the boil the babycorn in a saucepan for around 10 mins on high flame (time may vary depending on the quantity). Add a pinch of salt in the saucepan.
- Babycorn (boiled)
- Soaked rice paste
- Finely chopped onion
- Finely chopped green chilly
- Tomato Sauce
- Green chilly sauce
- Soya sauce
Preparation time: 30-45 mins
How to prepare:
- Dip Babycorn in rice paste and put it in a heated pan with oil to fry.
- Once the Babycorn turns brown, take out in a strained with tissue paper on it. (Why strainer and not a plate?? For that you need to see the notes at the end of this post)
- Take another pan, put some oil in it and wait for the pan to heat up.
- Once the pan is ready, add finely chopped onion and green chilly (you can add veggies like green, red, yellow bell pepper). Saute it well.
- Take a bowl, add two spoon tomato sauce, and one spoon of each, green chilly sauce, Soya sauce and vinegar. (The amount of sauces may vary as per the taste)
- Add half a tablespoon sugar to the above mixture and little amount of water in it. Now mix it well.
- Add this mixture to the pan. (Added water in the mixture so that sauces don’t get burned)
- Mix everything well and add Babycorn in it.
- Once the Babycorn is coated well with the mixture of sauces, onion and green chilly, turn off the gas.
- Serve hot Babycorn Manchurian.
- Cook on low to medium flame.
- I have not added how much tablespoon what because these things vary from person to person. If you still need the exact amount of what has been added, then please mention in comment.
- Fried babycorn should be taken out in a strainer and not in a plate as, if you place it in a place, the babycorn will become soggy.
Do let me know how did you like the recipe and how did you prepare.