I am a person who likes capsicum for salad and not in vegetable curry. But then i thought of trying something different and saw this online. Stuffed capsicum can be made in different ways, here i am sharing my recipe.
Time to prepare: 30-45 mins
- Boiled potato
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Green chilly
- Ginger-Garlic paste
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilly powder
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
How to Prepare:
- Take a pan, put some oil in it and wait for it to heat.
- Put cumin seed in the hot oil.
- Add chopped onion and green chilly to the pan. Sauté it well.
- When the onion turns light brown in colour then add some ginger garlic paste.
- Once the raw smell of ginger garlic paste is gone, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix it well.
- Once it gets mixed well, add mashed boiled potato in it.
- Cook it in the pan till the potato starts turning light brown.
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Now, cut the top part of the capsicum. Clean the capsicum from inside.
- Cut the base of the capsicum so that it can stand properly. [Note: Do not cut the base too much or else there will be hole at the bottom and the filling will come out of that]
- Stuff the capsicum with the mixture and cover it with its top portion.
- Attach the top portion with the help of toothpick.
- Take a little deep pan and put some oil in it. Why deep pan ?? Because we dont want our capsicum to compromise when its in standing position 😀
- Put the stuffed capsicum in the pan.
- Be careful when you add capsicum, as the oil may spill out of the pan. Cover the pan with a lid once the capsicum is added in it.
- Keep changing the sides of capsicum from time to time with the help of a kitchen tong.
- Once the capsicum is cooked from all the sides, turn off the gas.
- Serve it hot.
- This can be eaten in main course or as a snack. I had it in main course.
- Cook on low to medium flame.
- I have not added how much tablespoon what because these things vary from person to person. If you still need the exact amount of what has been added, then please mention in comment.
Do let me know how did you like the recipe and how did you prepare.