We all know the importance of beetroot in our diet. However, i dont like beetroot mainly because of its colour and secondly, it reminds me of something. So, I thought, instead of making a salad, why not try something new that may awaken my tastebuds. This is the easiest and healthiest recipe so far. Below is the image of Beetroot poriyal prepared by me. If you find it interesting then scroll down for the recipe.
Time to prepare: 20 mins
- Beetroot – 3 medium size
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 10
- Black mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Urad Dal (Black Gram) – 1/4 tbsp
- Chana Dal – 1/4 tbsp
- Dry red chili – 2
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per the taste
How to prepare:
- Take a pan, put some oil and allow it to heat.
- Put black mustard seeds, curry leaves, black gram and chana dal in it.
- Cover the pan with a lid when it starts sputtering.
- Once the sputtering stops, add chopped beetroot to it. Saute well.
- Add Salt as per the taste.
- Add grated coconut and saute it well. Cook it for another 5-10 mins.
- Turn off the gas and serve it hot with Chapati.
Do let me know in the comment how did you like the recipe and if you tried.
Next Monday i’ll be back with a new recipe. 🙂